Did you know that Brazil is the only country in Latin America that speaks a different language from Spanish?
Portuguese is the language spoken there. It is as charming and romantic as French and in written form, resembles Italian. You can get mobile apps for Brazilian Portuguese on the IPhone and Android. Try it, you will find it easy to get started.
Rio de Janeiro is the second largest city in Brazil and found on the South Atlantic coast. Rio is famous for its breathtaking landscape, its laid-back beach culture and the wonders of the annual Carnival.
- Rio Carnival 2013 dates: February 8th until February 12th
- Rio Carnival 2014 dates: February 28th until March 4th
- Rio Carnival 2015 dates: February 13th until February 17th
- Rio Carnival 2016 dates: February 5th until February 9th
- Rio Carnival 2017 dates: February 24th until February 28th
- Rio Carnival 2018 dates: February 9th until February 13th
- Rio Carnival 2019 dates: March 1st until March 5th
- Rio Carnival 2020 dates: February 21st until February 25th